Bathroom Remodeling in Maryland
Are you currently living in Maryland and want to remodel your bathroom but don’t know where to start? Budgetary constraints stopping you from turning your bathroom into your luxury SPA corner? Here are some smart and practical ideas to do your bathroom renovation without creating a hole in your pocket.
The bathroom is a functional area for most of the people. However, for people with even a bit of aesthetic inclination, the bathroom is a seat of luxury. It is a place where you can shut the world out and be with yourself for a while.
The bathroom is also that one space in the house that really demands attention from time to time. It is the most load-bearing area after the kitchen that houses a host of pipes and heavy fixtures. As long it is for minor repairs, you can do it yourself if you have some essential tools for home handy with you. Your reason for bathroom renovation could be functional or for aesthetic purposes. But with proper planning and innovative ideas, you can bring down the cost substantially.
Evaluate Your Exact Necessity
Before implementing your bathroom renovation ideas, you should be clear about the purpose behind it. Is it that you have a run of the mill bathroom set up that is perfectly functional, and you want an aesthetic up-gradation? Or maybe your bathroom is repairing too much of repairing work too soon, and you thought of remodeling the entire space. It is a good idea to make an onetime investment to get everything fixed and spruced up instead of spending on small repair work every once in a while. Also, as you do that, you could upgrade the entire look and feel of the bathroom.
An Eye on Functionality
First, let us breakdown the various aspects that come together to give our bathroom its look and feel. It includes the bathroom fixtures, bathtub, shower unit, washbasin, toilet, storage unit, tiles, flooring, piping, wall covers, drywalls and load-bearing walls, lighting fixtures, rugs, and shower curtains. Evaluate the working condition of each of these functional areas. It is best to write down all the points on a paper and then evaluate each point one by one. It will give you clarity about how much you should spend on a bathroom renovation.
- Check and fix any seepage problem on the floor, ceiling, and walls. Put particular emphasis on the load-bearing wall while checking the seepage problem.
- Check the water points for leakages. Here it would be wise to go for sensor-operated smart taps and showerheads to ensure the least water wastage.
- You could hire a local plumber to fix all the plumbing issues at one go.
Luxury on a Dime
Well, it might sound easy to walk into a store and choose a complete theme for your bathroom. But perhaps the bathroom renovation costs that they quote could give you sleepless nights. The average bathroom renovation costs done by a professional interior designer could range from $10,000 – $25,000. But luxury needn’t always be expensive. You can create the same impact without spending a fortune even if you are planning the renovating a small bathroom. Here are a few tips for that:
- Instead, to getting and expensive dresser, you could get a simple wooden dresser from a second store and revamp it using paint or wood polish to give it a classy look.
- Visit a woodcutting unit and pick some freshly cut out planks from the tree trunks. You could resize, polish, and use them for the countertop. The use of wood will add warmth to the bathroom decor.
- Get a metal framing done for the mirror and paint it in charcoal black or golden pain. Complement the look using a metallic chandelier or pendant light.
- Go for wooden flooring outside the shower unit.
- Have the shower unit properly segregated using a partition or a curtain. It is particularly important while planning a small bathroom renovation.
- Use a soft and fluffy rug in the dry area to make the bathroom look cozy.
- Place planters, candles, and some salt crystals in a bowl to impart that SPA like ambiance.
Impart a Personal Touch
You could have an absolutely swanky look of your bathroom by getting it done professionally, but it will still lack something unless you add a personal touch to it. An easy DIY bathroom renovation idea is to paint a wall or a storage unit. Or you could place a handmade rug to give a personal touch. We hope with our recommended and support from a service provider in Maryland, you can create a bathroom of your dreams. All the best! Have you got your bathroom renovation recently? Please share your experience with us in the comments below.
This article was written by: Alex Green. Alex Green is a copywriter with 3 years of experience. He is fond of healthy living and knows everything about home improvement. In his spare time, Alex likes walking with his golden retriever, meeting with friends, and attending the gym.